Saturday, June 03, 2006

Floral Arrangements...


Today, whilst shopping, I had come back to my car from purchasing new lenses for my new frames (very exciting), and attempted to start it. The start was successful, although black smoke started to pour out of my heating vents and into the car. Now, my beautiful, well worn in, 1994, Pontiac Sunbird LE, has been known to scream and scratch a little when starting, for it does need a new starter most likely, but smoke? From the heater? Anyways, I checked all my fluids, which were fine, and the oil was changed very recently, so, I just drove off with the windows open, and it seems like the problem fixed itself. With respect to today's events, if any of you know what this could have been, feel free to notify the proper authorities, i.e. me.

So, in the midst of my shopping, I realized that the limit on both of my debit cards had been spent, so the need arose for me to head to the bank and withdraw some cash directly. Low and behold (I've never said that before), guess who is sitting at the familiar corner, asking for spare change. That's right, Paul Mart...I mean, that guy who I had a chat with many days before. Now, I was not in the mood at all to confront this man again, and ask him how things were going. Problem here was that I knew I had to, and there was no avoiding it anyways, since I had to walk right past him to get into the bank.

Here's where it gets interesting. I actually had to park directly behind him basically (a parallel park right at the corner), and as I pulled in, since I was so close he turned to see, and must have recognized me, because no sooner did he turn his head around the building, than he started packing up (only like one o' clock), and heading on his way. Just as he got up to leave, I started past him, planning on saying hello, or nodding, or something, but he pretty much ignored me! So there you have it. A homeless man, begging on the street, ignores the person walking buy. So, of course now I can only think that he is ashamed of how he has spent my money either foolishly, or with no hope of putting it towards a greater good than some form temporary satisfaction that he could have spent it on.

Of course, there is the possibility that none of it had anything to do with me, and that he didn't even remember me. I figure though, that I am a pretty huge guy, with pretty bizarre hair, so I doubt that he didn't at least recognize me. So, it just goes to show, that I have little courage in these matters. I just realized that on that day we talked, I never got his name and he never got mine. I should have stopped him dead in his tracks and insisted on chatting about things. I don't even have anything to say after that point.

So, if anyone has an old I-Pod that they have replaced with a newer version, and they would like to give it to me, or I guess sell it to me for a reasonable amount, before October, please let me know, because I will probably really really want one. And my favorite commercial is now the "Wendy's bacon cheddar melt" where the kid asks his dad for the car on a school night to take out his girlfriend and the dad's like, "I said no!" and then the kid's like, "how bout...now!" and he pulls out the bacon cheddar melt and pushes it into his dad's face. Yeah, you all know that one. I laugh everytime for different reasons. I love it.

Anywho, I still can't figure out where to get some decent opera around here, so I'll just keep looking I guess. And yes, I know that that was not the commercial I was talking about. But I couldn't find it ok? Buuuuuuuuuudha! Ok, I'm outta hee.

1 Comments:

At June 29, 2006 at 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite commercial is the Disneyland one where the kids are eating breakfast and the boy is reading the paper and says something about wanting to go to Disneyland and the mom takes the ad and reads it out loud and it says "Disneyland, half price", or something like that, and then you hear some stumbling and falling upstairs, and then someone comes tumbling down the stairs, and then crashes into the kitchen, and it's the dad all done up in Disneyland pajamas and hat and everything, and he calmy gathers himself and asks to see the ad and makes it look like he's not impressed, but obviously is about going to Disneland. VERY funny!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home