Friday, February 02, 2007

Holy Land...

So, here I am in Jerusalem. I just woke up at ten after ten… at night! Cause we’re getting up at 10pm and going to bed at 2pm every day so that we can do the “night watch” at the prayer room. Customs was fun… not. Anyways, they held us for many hours, and I got interrogated first, which means the guy asked me all the questions, and then just kind of asked some of them to everyone else, but they were giving the same answers (cause we were all telling the truth), so he didn’t have to ask them as much. Anyways, they are suspicious of us of course for being in Lebanon, and he has my email, so, yeah. Carefulness is my new word.

Anyways, that was the longest hardest day of the DTS so far, and I’m still tired. My room is nothing to look forward to for sleeping either. I have a sleeping bag that doesn’t open all the way as a blanket, and my bed sheet as my blanket sheet thing, and I have no pillow, and I’m on a top bunk, and all my stuff is stacked and piled on these chairs cause there is no dresser or anything in our tiny, tiny room. And there’s no door, so I won’t be getting much sleep. The real problem is that the other girls get these huge rooms with fully furnished beds and huge dresser things. I have 75 dollars left for the month, so I’m worried a bit about that.

So I slept fourteen hours the other night (day), then the next night (day), I only slept two, cause I was so energized from the last sleep, but it has really messed me up during the time I am supposed to be awake. I’m proud though. 14 is a new record. I think I woke up a total of three times, but they were all instant back to sleepers.

I also have now seen the Western Wall, the Tower of David, and the Church of the Holy Seplechre, although not the inside yet.

Other than that, this prayer room at night thing is starting to grow on me now. It will get old if I don’t learn some new songs soon though, cause I only have like thirty or something, but I will be playing like 6 hours a week or something. It’s great though. I gotta get back to work now though, so I’ll see you guys later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home